Welcome To My Blog!

Welcome! If this is your first visit here, you might want to begin by learning a little more about My
Story
and my House Rules. If you're looking for some new reads, I highly recommend these.

February 16, 2013

An Easy Way to Spice Up Your Life: Homemade Chili Powder

One thing I've really embraced since deciding to cherish my home-life is making things from scratch.  Not everything, mind you, but whatever I can that is convenient for me.  Homemade chili powder is one of those things. I already try to keep my spice cabinet stocked with as many herbs and spices as I can so that I'm ready to try out many new recipes without having to make a special trip just for a little bottle of dried something. I use this chili powder for a few of my family's favorites including chili, of course, taco meat and Indian butter chicken! It consists of many common spices that you probably already have at home, and each one of them is antioxidant powerhouse- nice.

This makes just a few tablespoons worth so it will fit in an empty spice bottle. Feel free to double, triple the recipe whenever you like.

Homemade Chili Powder

2 teaspoons paprika
4 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons oregano
4 teaspoons garlic powder

Put them in an empty jar/bottle and shake, shake, shake!

I even wrote the recipe on the jar with a permanent marker so I can recreate it anytime.  I will be posting recipes using this flavorful concoction in the future. Hope you make the time to try this soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment