Welcome To My Blog!

Welcome! If this is your first visit here, you might want to begin by learning a little more about My
Story
and my House Rules. If you're looking for some new reads, I highly recommend these.

March 2, 2013

I'm Bringing Home a Baby Bonsai Tree, and Surprise Flowers From My Hub

Ok, actually I already brought it home a few days ago. I'm kind of nervous about it because I used to have whatever is the opposite of a green thumb. I seemed to have a magic gift for making those tiny white bugs that look like dust appear and surreptitiously devour all my houseplants. I know, gross. But in the past couple years I decided to just take the plunge and buy more plants anyway because I just love the way they brighten up my house. My most recent acquisition may be the most ambitious of all- I bought a Bonsai! Does this word conjure up images of The Karate Kid for anyone else? Anyway, I've heard that these adorable miniature trees are quite hard to care for- needing just the right amount of water, sunlight and pruning to grow and thrive. I'm quite intimidated about it, considering my special, plant-killing gift. I hope I can make this thing live. I've already Googled the heck out of the subject, and I'm still not sure what to do, but here she is:



Isn't she cute? Keep your fingers crossed for her, I'm not sure how long I can make her last...

On a more positive note, my husband brought me some just-because-I-love-you flowers from the grocery store the other day when he was picking up some bread. I was very touched. Remember, little gestures like this give big love

No comments:

Post a Comment